EarthQuaker Devices Zoar Dynamic Audio Grinder
Dynamic Audio Grinder
Zoar™ is a medium-high gain discrete distortion (using only transistors; no opamps or diodes in here!) with a passive 3-band EQ that has that touch sensitive amp-like quality to it that everyone craves. It has been finely tuned to create a highly tweakable hi-fi and modern sounding distortion that is both instantly familiar and delightfully unique. From the defined sparkle and tightness of an overdrive to low-medium gain fuzz that’s perfect for drop tuned guitars and basses, Zoar does it all. Dial in and control every nuance of your tone from jangly on-the-verge of break up to blowing the walls out heavy saturation.
Zoar has six knobs that allow you to truly customize your sound with the Level, Weight, Gain, Bass, Middle, and Treble controls. The Gain control goes from the edge of break up all the way over the cliff into the crunchy, grinding abyss. The character of the distortion is heavily dependent on the setting of the Weight control as well as the pickup type and further fine-tuned by the EQ section.
- Extremely interactive medium-high gain discrete transistor-based distortion
- Passive 3-band EQ tuned for modern dirt tones
- Customize your sound with the Level, Weight, Gain, Bass, Middle, and Treble controls
- The Weight control dictates the amount of low end that is passed into the circuit
- Capable of being articulate and/or crushing on both guitar and bass
- Wide range of tones available, not just high gain distortion
- All-analog signal path
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching with Flexi-Switch® Technology
- Lifetime warranty