Retail Associate - Part Time
We're looking for a new Cask Music team member. We’re a small, full service guitar shop that specializes in: off-the-beaten-path new and used acoustic and electric guitars, boutique effects pedals, high quality setups, electronics repair and all the accessories needed by performing guitarists for their emergency weekend gig.
Our days are filled with some combination of: discussion of the newest weird effects, confidently articulating the subtle differences between several similar lines of electric guitar strings, an experienced and friendly approach to troubleshooting common guitar issues, the occasional lesson in historical guitar facts from those who were there, and carefully guiding parents and kids to selecting their first guitar or ukulele.
Sometimes it’s peaceful, and sometimes there are five conversations happening at once.
If you can see yourself thriving in this environment as part of the team, are interested in working 20-25 hours a week (with the opportunity to grow), and have consistent weekend availability, please get in touch.
Send us an email with your resumé and cover letter email@example.com. Emails only, please. We will only contact those selected for an interview.
- 20-25hr weekly during daytime business hours, with the potential to grow
- Consistent weekend availability essential
- 3 years retail experience
- In-depth knowledge of guitar models, manufacturers, boutique effects pedals and basic instrument maintenance essential. Technical guitar maintenance, music production or technical pro audio knowledge an asset.
- Experience with buy/sell/trading used music gear. Experience with a retail buy/sell situation is a bonus
- Retail point of sale software necessary - Lightspeed POS knowledge is a bonus
- Responsible handling of cash, counting/cashing out daily
- Basic understanding of inventory management, serial number documentation
- Strong time management and self-motivation
- Friendly, attentive and patient attitude
- No snobs!