Daking 90 FET II Class A Compressor Used
Daking 90 fast FET compressor! In excellent cosmetic condition with almost no cosmetic wear.
The Fet II Compressor is a super fast FET (Field Effect Transistor) type compressor with transformer balanced inputs and outputs, all class “A” amplifiers and discrete circuitry. Jensen transformers are used for clean, accurate performance. All the parameters are set with positive switches, not pots, for accuracy. Tolerances of the components are low and each unit is tested and adjusted at the factory to make sure it falls within our tight specifications.
Linking two units for Buss work is a breeze. Stereo linking is done by summing the DC control voltages of 2 or more units. (We have some customers who link 6 for 5.1 mixing). Because of the inherent accuracy of the mono units, the units track very well as multiple units. Fortunately the FET II does not trap you into one set or master controls. Each side of a stereo pair can be set identically (because of the positive switches) or individually. This gives you a great deal of flexibility with problem program material.
The attack and release times are picked by Geoff as the most useful and popular he has encountered. The attack times go from a quick 250 microseconds, up to 64 miliseconds. The longer attack times allow transients through for more “punch.” Release times vary from single time constant at .5, 1, and 1.5 seconds, to more complex dual constants like the Neve 33609 auto mode, and A&D Compex 760 Auto. The last two are the level and time dependent triple time constants found on the Fairchild 670 settings 5 and 6; the second of which can have a release time as long as 200 seconds.
The VU meter can monitor input, output or gain reduction, and the compress/bypass/stereo link switch allows you to use each unit individually, not at all, or linked. As many as 8 units can be linked together for surround mixing.
- Single-channel compressor
- Backlit VU meter with discrete Class A circuitry
- Stainless steel construction
- Transformer-balanced inputs and output
- Class A amplifiers
- Threshold adjustable from -10 to +10 in 2dB steps
- Ratios: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 5:1, 10:1, and 20:1
- Attack: 250 microseconds to 63 milliseconds
- Seven release time constants
- Makeup gain: 0 to 11dB in 1db steps
- 3 function VU meter: Input/Output/Gain Reduction
- 2 inputs: XLR +4dbm transformer balanced, 1/4″ TRS -10dB transformer balanced
- Can link for stereo and 5.1 mixing